What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth; His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension and His personal future return to gather His saints and come to earth in glory.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- Just as the apostles received the enabling power of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, so we too are called upon to receive this baptism, which the Heavenly Father gives to all who ask. We believe that in receiving the Holy Spirit baptism, all believers receive gifts which are for the edification and strengthening of the body. These gifts are manifested under the direction of the Holy Spirit. We believe that all of these gifts are available today.
- There is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to eternal separation from God.
- We believe in the personal, visible, imminent return of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in water baptism, and observance of the Lord's Supper
Passion for God, Compassion for People.
The people of Living Stones Church live to pursue a passionate relationship with God. As we become fully alive in Christ we are then compelled by His love to declare truth, bring hope and demonstrate compassion to others, purposing for everyone to become all that God intended.
“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for one another. ” 1 John 3:16 (TNIV)