In accordance with applicable laws, Living Stones Church (the "Church") is committed to protecting the privacy of its members, adherents, donors, volunteers, employees, directors, officers and any other persons about or from whom the Church collects personal information. Protection of Personal Information to ensure that all personal information is properly collected, used only for the purposes for which it is collected and is disposed of in a safe and timely manner when no longer required.
- Accountability - The Church is responsible for maintaining and protecting the personal information under its control. The Church has appointed a Privacy Officer who is responsible to ensure that the Church complies with its privacy obligations in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- Identifying Purposes - The Church collects and uses personal information for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to: providing services to individuals ministered to by the Church; establishing and maintaining members lists; managing payroll and benefits; employee performance evaluations; establishing and maintaining lists of donors. The Church shall identify and explain the purposes for which it collects personal information, to the person from whom the personal information is being collected, before or at the time the information is being collected.
- Consent - Consent will be obtained from the person whose personal information is collected, used and disclosed, unless obtaining the consent would be inappropriate or not required by law. Sometimes the person's consent may be implied by virtue of their membership in the Church or because of the person's conduct within the Church. When it is appropriate, written consent will be obtained. In the case of children (minors) information will include photographs or any digital rendition of like information. Pictures or other identifying personal information should not be used for posters, brochures, visual presentations, or web-page communications without the special consent of a parent or guardian in every instance. Written consents will be kept on file for as long as the information is reasonably necessary. A person may withdraw his or her consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. The person will be informed of reasonably foreseeable implications of the withdrawal.
- Limited Collection - Information collected will be limited to that required for the purpose or purposes identified by the Church. The Church is committed to collecting personal information in a fair, open and lawful manner.
- Accuracy - Personal information shall be maintained in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as necessary in order to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguards - Personal information will be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information. This safeguarding could include physical measures such as locked filing cabinets and premises security, organizational measures such as restricted access to files with personal information or technological measures such as security software.
- Access to Personal Information - Access to personal information will be granted, where the Church is legally required to release the information and provided that the disclosure does not violate any applicable statutes or contracts, to the person to whom the information pertains where there is an appropriate written request. The existence, use and disclosure of the personal information will be granted within a reasonable period of time. Any inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information will be amended as required.
- Challenging Compliance - Complaints or inquiries about the collection, use, disclosure or retention of personal information and the Church's compliance with these ten principles should be directed to the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer will investigate complaints and ensure that appropriate measures are taken.
- Use of Online Giving - This is at your sole risk. Although Living Stones Church as endeavored to create a secure and reliable service, the confidentiality or security of any communication transmitted or accessible over the internet cannot be guaranteed. Living Stones Church does encrypt your personal information on our systems and in transmission and complies with all applicable laws in handling such information. Accordingly, Living Stones Church is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted or accessed using the Internet. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of this Online Giving service may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.