WHAT IS ALPHA?
Living Stones Church is proud to host ALPHA, a series of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Each session looks at a different question and is designed to create conversation. Over 10 weeks you can expect relevant topics, relatable hosts, and a relaxed environment. Each week we begin with a meal, providing an opportunity to get to know others in a casual setting. This is followed by a short talk that examines a different aspect of the Christian faith; then we have some open discussion. The discussion is the most important part of any Alpha: the chance to share thoughts and ideas about the topic without being corrected or judged. There’s no obligation to say anything; it’s an opportunity to hear from others and contribute your own perspective.
There is no pressure, no follow-up, and no charge. It’s just an open, informal, and honest space to explore and discuss life’s big questions together. Bring a curious friend or neighbour; every evening starts with a free supper.
- Tuesday nights – September 17th to November 26th, 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Extra Class: Friday, November 1st – 6:30 to 9:00 pm
- Extra Class: Saturday, November 2nd – 9:30 am to 12:00 pm
- September 17: Is there more to life than this?
- September 24: Who is Jesus?
- October 1: Why did Jesus die?
- October 8: How can I have faith?
- October 15: Why and how do I pray?
- October 22: Why and how do I read the Bible?
- October 29: How does God guide us into full life?
- November 1 & 2: Holy Spirit
(Fri: 6:30-9:00 pm, Sat: 9:30 am-12:00 pm)
- November 5: How can I resist evil?
- November 12: How and why should I tell others?
- November 19: Does God heal today?
- November 26: What about the church?
I’m BLESSED, so be BLESSED and come join us every SUNDAY!