WHAT IS ALPHA?
Living Stones Church is proud to host ALPHA, a series of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Each session looks at a different question and is designed to create conversation. Over 10 weeks you can expect relevant topics, relatable hosts, and a relaxed environment. Each week we begin with a meal, providing an opportunity to get to know others in a casual setting. This is followed by a short talk that examines a different aspect of the Christian faith; then we have some open discussion. The discussion is the most important part of any Alpha: the chance to share thoughts and ideas about the topic without being corrected or judged. There’s no obligation to say anything; it’s an opportunity to hear from others and contribute your own perspective.
There is no pressure, no follow-up, and no charge. It’s just an open, informal, and honest space to explore and discuss life’s big questions together. Bring a curious friend or neighbour; every evening starts with a free supper.
- Life: Is this it?
- Jesus: Who is Jesus?
- Cross: Why did Jesus die?
- Faith: How can I have faith?
- Prayer: Why and how do I pray?
- Bible: Why and how do I read the Bible?
- Follow: How does God guide us into full life?
- Alpha Retreat: Holy Spirit
(Fri: 7-9pm, Sat: 9am-12pm)
- Evil: How can I resist evil?
- Telling Others: How and why should I tell others?
- Healing: Does God heal today?
- Church: What about the church?
I’m BLESSED, so be BLESSED and come join us every SUNDAY!Shara Misoles Alberca