Celebrate Recovery Annual BBQ
Everyone is invited to our Annual Celebrate Recovery BBQ on Monday, June 13th! Join us in the Fellowship Hall at 6:00 PM and find out what CR is all about!
- Cost: Free!
- Special guests are Pastor Paul & Patty, and Pastor Mark & Karen
- Live Testimony by Barry Layton
Monday Nights, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Drop-in, no registration necessary.
Have you been hurt by unhealthy or broken relationships, abuse, chemical dependence, unstable or dysfunctional family roots? Have you developed coping mechanisms or built walls of isolation that you want to change?
CELEBRATE RECOVERY is a proven, Christ-centered, 12-step program for adults ready to embark on a journey of real, lasting change and personal growth. Find freedom from addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviours. Celebrate Recovery meets you where you are at, helping address your hurts, habits and hang-ups step by step in a safe, caring community.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We will meet in the Fellowship Hall, so park at the first entrance (gravel parking lot) as you come on the property and use the Fellowship Hall door.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available. If you wish to wear a face mask, please bring your own.
- If you have symptoms of coughing, fever, trouble breathing, have been exposed to someone with Covid-19, or have a compromised immune system please do not come at this time.
7 PM to 7:50 PM – Main Session in the Fellowship Hall
Every week we begin the main session with a time of worship. From there, we either have a teaching night or a testimony night, alternating each week.
8:00 to 8:40 PM – Open Share Groups
Open Share Groups are context and gender-specific groups for small group open discussion in the safety of a closed environment with a trained leader, using our small group guidelines to provide a safe place to share. For newcomers, a special Newcomers 101 group is available for you.
8:40 to 9:00 PM – Coffee house in our Crosstalk Cafe – Community is a vital part of recovery; at Crosstalk Cafe we meet new friends and get to know one another better.
WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS AFTER CELEBRATE RECOVERY?
- We could use your help running CR! If you aren’t already serving at CR, there are many volunteer positions, from greeting to running open-share groups! If you’ve completed the step study, there are many leadership positions – help us to lead the main session, step studies, and much more!
- Serving at church – whether you attend LSC on Sundays or have a different church home, we encourage you to get plugged in by serving! If you call LSC your church home, click here for serving opportunities.
- Have you checked out our Inner Healing Prayer Ministries? You can book personal prayer appointments, or take a Soul Care class and find freedom from deep spiritual bondage. Click here for our prayer ministry.
- Check out our One-On-One Discipleship Program or Stephen Ministry. Learn how to walk alongside a new believer or someone in crisis.
- Adult Education – let your roots grow down deep into the Word of God!