Now meeting in person at LSC!
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, 12-step program for adults who are ready to embark on a journey of real, lasting change and personal growth. Find freedom from addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviours. Celebrate Recovery meets you where you are at; helping address your hurts, habits and hang-ups step by step in a safe, caring community.
We meet every Monday night from 7-9 PM. Drop-in, no registration necessary.
COVID restrictions will be in place to protect you and our church family, but we are looking forward to meeting face to face again, hearing our lessons and testimonies, and sharing our hearts in-person in our share groups.
On June 29 we will celebrate with all who have earned an annual chip for the months of March to June, as well as all of our group members who have completed step studies this past winter and spring. We are excited! Please let us know if you are earning an annual chip for your sobriety or your CR healing journey and what number of years you are celebrating.
Here are some of the changes that we will be supporting as we come back together:
• We will meet in the Fellowship Hall (the Café), so park at the first entrance as you come on the property and use the Fellowship Hall door. Hand sanitation stations will be available. If you wish to wear a face mask, please bring your own.
• No refreshments at this time, so please bring your own beverage in a container with your name marked on it
• There will be no group singing, but we will have worship Led by Curtis.
• No pens and handouts except for a single lesson sheet placed on the chairs. Please bring your own pen and Bible.
• Share group rooms will be set up with chairs a little further apart, but safety and confidentiality are still our priority for sharing.
• If you have symptoms of coughing, fever, trouble breathing, have been exposed to someone with Covid-19, or have a compromised immune system please do not come at this time.
Looking forward to actually seeing you at Celebrate Recovery, the best place to be on a Monday night!!
(PRE-COVID) WHAT TO EXPECT:
7 PM to 7:45 PM – Main Session in the Fellowship Hall
Every week we begin the main session with a time of worship (singing). From there, we either have a teaching night or a testimony night, alternating each week.
7:45 to 8:30 PM – Open Share Groups (Gender specific)
Open Share Groups are context and gender-specific groups for small group open discussion in the safety of a closed environment with a trained leader, using our small group guidelines to provide a safe place to share. For newcomers, a special Newcomers 101 group is available for you.
8:30 to 9:00 PM – Coffee house in our Crosstalk Cafe
***Due to COVID-19, we will not be providing any food or beverages (until otherwise notified by the Alberta Government).***
We end our nights in much the way they begin, eating a delicious dessert with new friends. Community is a vital part of recovery.