VOLUNTEER CELEBRATION PLACE COORDINATOR
Celebrate Recovery is looking for a volunteer coordinator to run the Celebration Place program for children (ages 4-11) so that families can heal together. We also require weekly volunteers, both men and women, to participate in the program.
The goal for Celebration Place:
To help hurting children who have suffered from dysfunctional family backgrounds, trauma, abuse, depression, and more. We aim to minister not only to adults through Celebration Recovery who have suffered pain but to their children and families as well. As adults heal and change, we can help their children experience healing. We want to see families come to Jesus and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
The Celebration Place Coordinator has the opportunity to minister to wounded children in trauma-informed, age-appropriate ways.
- Exhibits a love for children, a Christian character, and a growing walk with the Lord.
- A social worker or teaching experience, mental health background, training for working with troubled/hurting children, or equal experience.
- Both men and women may apply.
- Creativity for working with children who have difficulty focusing, behavioural issues, abandonment issues, etc.
- Skill set and abilities to work with children ages 4-11, as well as recruiting, training and overseeing other volunteers.
- We need continuity each week and commitment to love and support the children in Celebration Place.
Program and Curriculum:
- Meets from 7:00 – 9:00 PM every Monday for three semesters, from September to June.
- Celebrate Recovery supplies Celebration Place curriculum to dovetail with the lessons for adults. These lessons will help the children identify their hurts and dysfunctional patterns, so they heal and grow beyond them.
- Aspects of the program would encompass games, crafts, lessons, and interactive activities that would teach the children about God’s love and compassion while learning how to relate to other children and adults.
- Training is provided.
- Time commitment: approximately 15-20 volunteer hours per week.
- A Vulnerable Sector Check is required.