Celebrate Recovery | Divorce Care | Grief Share | Mental Health Resources | Mental Health Coaches | Ministries Page
Winter 2023 Session: January 10th to April 4th, 2023.
Tuesday nights, 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
Cost: $35.00 (Workbook)
The 13-week session runs from September to December, and from January to April. Find hope, healing, and forgiveness in a supportive environment for adults who find themselves in various stages of separation and divorce. Connect with others who are also going through this struggle. You’ll learn helpful, practical information that will help you recover from your separation or divorce. You’ll have the chance to talk about your experiences. It can be very healing to tell others what you are going through. You’ll discover hope for the future.
Unless you’ve been there, it’s hard to understand the hurt that comes from separation and divorce. That’s why many of your friends and family don’t fully understand what you are going through and don’t know how best to help you.
We do. DivorceCare groups are led by people who have been through divorce and successfully rebuilt their lives. We understand how you feel because we’ve been in the same place. We’ll show you how to deal with the hurt caused by your separation or divorce. While things may look bleak now, you’ll learn ways to restore your hope and rebuild your life.
What to Expect: DivorceCare is a support group that meets weekly. You’ll find it to be a warm, caring environment and will come to see your group as an “oasis” in an otherwise difficult season of your life.
There are 3 key parts to your DivorceCare experience:
- Video Seminar – encouraging, information-packed videos featuring top divorce recovery experts.
- Support Group – group discussion about the weekly video content and issues faced by individual group members.
- Workbook – journaling and personal study exercises that reinforce each session’s topic.
- What’s Happening to Me?
- The Road to Healing / Finding Help
- Facing My Anger
- Facing My Depression
- Facing My Loneliness
- What Does the Owner’s Manual Say?
- New Relationships
- Financial Survival
- Single Sexuality
- Moving On, Growing Closer to God
WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS AFTER DIVORCE CARE?
- Feel free to take DivorceCare again the next time we run the session. There will be no cost because you already have the workbook. You will be at a different place in your separation or divorce, and some of the topics may have a different impact on you.
- After the Divorce Care session ends we run a 6-week study called “Finding Hope After Divorce.” For more information, call the church office at 403-347-7311.
- Are you a mature Christian? We are always looking for DivorceCare leaders!
- Are you still in crisis? We have trained laypeople called Stephen Ministers who will walk with you, and support you as long as you need. Click here for more information on our crisis care.
- Do you have questions about the Christian faith or are you wondering if God really exists? Check out Alpha – a safe, non-judgemental space to explore life’s biggest questions.
- Are you a new believer? Sign up for our One-On-One Discipleship program and learn what it means to live out your faith!
- Adult Education – let your roots grow down deep into the Word of God!