STUDIES IN 1 CORINTHIANS, PART 2
Facilitator: Pastor Paul Vallee
Wednesdays @ 6:30pm, January 18 - March 1, 2023
(No class on February 15)
Cost: Free for scanned class notes, or $10.00 for a printed hard copy.
Childcare: We would like to offer childcare for those taking our classes on Wednesday evenings if enough families sign up. If you need childcare, you must register for your class by Sunday, January 15, 2023.
There is no prerequisite to taking this class. If you did not take 1 Corinthians, Part 1 you can review those lectures as they are recorded, but this is not necessary. Each week’s lesson is developed according to the themes presented in the book.
1 Corinthians is one of the most misunderstood and controversial books of the New Testament. The church world faced and continues to face division over its teaching and application to everyday life. The book of Corinthians addresses fundamental issues such as:
- What is the real nature of the gospel and the church?
- What determines true biblical spirituality?
- How does the church retain its sense of identity and not be assimilated by the ever-changing culture it finds itself in?
- How do gifted members of Christ's body inter-relate and utilize their gifts for the benefit of others? We will be exploring the nature of the spiritual gifts and how they function.
- The key theological issue presented by Paul regarding the resurrection: How does a wrong view of the resurrection affect current ethics?
- A proper understanding of the nature of biblical leadership.
- A re-evaluation of the believer’s freedom and concern for the spiritual development of others.
- The issue of abuses regarding the Lord’s table and their consequences to our physical well-being.
- The nature of love and its indispensable quality in the believer's life.
- The structure and need of decent, understandable and orderly worship services.
- The nature of support as it relates to ministry.
This will be a hybrid class, in-house as well as online.
Optional printed notes with binder are $10.
Childcare may be available for those taking classes in person, provided enough families register,
Cost for the semester: 1 child $30.00, 2+ children $50.
2020 40 Avenue
Red Deer, AB T4R 0T5