PERSONAL STEPS TO FREEDOM
Our Steps to Freedom personal prayer appointments will free you from unhealthy habits, attitudes, thinking patterns and lead you to forgiveness.
Personal Steps to Freedom Prayer Appointments
A lifetime of experiences has helped shape your patterns of thinking, your response to situations and your habits. These things can become like ‘ruts’ in a road, much easier to stay in than get out. Your life experiences can affect spiritual growth, and distort your view of yourself as God’s child, and can cause you to question God’s character.
As a Christian, there is no delete button to remove those ‘ruts’. Although you may have a desire to be strong and mature in Christ, these hinderances can hold you back. The good news is that Jesus can bring healing, freedom and change.
The Steps to Freedom in Christ is a prayer tool, with the help of the Holy Spirit, that helps you deal with the results of memories and life experiences that are holding you back.
Going through a Personal Steps Appointment is taking personal responsibility for your life and spiritual growth. The Seven-Step approach is a process asking the Lord to reveal issues in your life that need to be resolved. You will be given an opportunity to confess, repent, renounce and surrender whatever the Lord shows you. This will free you to overcome bad habits, wrong attitudes, adjust wrong thinking, and forgive. Then you can be free – at peace with God and man.
How to Get Started
- Click the “Register” button below to send your request. One of our prayer team members will give you a call to outline some basic requirements before scheduling a Personal Steps Appointment.
- Before your prayer appointment, you may be asked to take our “Freedom in Christ” class or read the books “Victory Over the Darkness” or “The Bondage Breaker” by Neil T. Anderson. Both are available to borrow.
- Prior to your appointment, you will need to fill out a Confidential Personal Inventory (CPI). The CPI is an overview that helps to bring to mind life events. It also helps us have a better understanding of areas of need and family history.
- You’ll need to be open and honest before God and those praying with you as you process the Seven Steps. The Holy Spirit may reveal memories that are hurtful and deeply touch your emotional core. He brings these to mind so you can find healing.
What You Can Expect
- This appointment is free of charge.
- You can be assured of confidentiality and compassion before, during and after your Personal Steps appointment. There is an offsite team who will not know your name or situation but will be covering your appointment time with prayer as the Holy Spirit directs them.
- You will be asked to sign a simple disclaimer explaining that the individuals on the prayer team (the “Encourager” and the “Prayer Partner”) are not professional counsellors. Anything you confide before and during your appointment will not be shared with anyone else – except for information where we are required by law to report, such as child abuse or any other serious crime.
- Processing the Seven Steps typically takes between 3 and 5 hours to complete. A second appointment may be needed for people who have much to work through. Breaks are arranged to keep everyone fresh. You may want to bring a light lunch or snack with you.
- At the end of the appointment, all of your confidential paperwork is shredded unless you desire to take it with you.
What Happens Afterwards
Maintaining your new-found spiritual freedom is accomplished as you daily renew your mind with God’s truths and continue to allow Him to transform (change) you. A daily devotional is available for purchase to help you grow and hold onto your freedom.
If you have not yet taken one of our “Freedom in Christ” classes, we recommend you do so. Our deep desire is that you keep the freedom you have found.