TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2020
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving that happens each year after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It’s a time when Canadians, charities, churches and businesses come together to celebrate giving and participate in activities that support charities and non-profits. It is important to participate in Giving Tuesday because it’s an opportunity to join a national conversation about generosity. It’s also a day to share the good work we are doing in the mission field and inspire others to give.
All the funds raised for Giving Tuesday will be split between the House of Hope Orphanage in India and the World Outreach Ministry Foundation in Africa. Both of these ministries have experienced a 70% drop in donations since the COVID-19 pandemic started in March.
If you would like to give, please add the note “Giving Tuesday” in the memo section of your donation.
CENTRAL INDIA OUTREACH,
HOUSE OF HOPE ORPHANAGE
We are so thankful for you! Your donations to the ministry “House of Hope Orphanage” in India, meets so many needs for those in the care of Dr. & Mrs. Thomas, especially during this pandemic. Despite many trials, Dr. Thomas presses on to help the most vulnerable in his city; the many children that are homeless and in constant danger. The need is always there and is seen; to give more children the opportunities that are available to those already in the Thomas’ care. Currently, the funds we send each month are to care for 108 children. This $40/month sponsorship covers essentials such as shelter, food, clothing, schooling, medical needs, and security for the orphans. As more donors commit to sponsoring a child, more can be added to the family at House of Hope. If you would like to sponsor an orphan, click here to email us.
“We are grateful for the added support that Living Stones Church has provided during this pandemic. Through this help, we were able to purchase three months of wheat, rice, lentils, oil, spices, etc. Our immediate need for the next 10 weeks is funding to purchase more food, and for sweaters, scarves, hats, and shoes for the orphan boys and girls as we enter into the cold season. The Church and Bible College have been in lockdown since March 19th of this year, adding many more bodies to clothe and feed. Most people have lost their only source of income due to a complete lockdown. Many in our town are infected by COVID-19 and last month alone 9 members of our church family were infected and 3 members of our church family died.
Please pray for our divine health and safety, and for persecuted Christians.” (India is now ranked #4 in the world for persecuting Christians)
WORLD OUTREACH MINISTRY
- We started our largest project in 30 years the month before COVID happened. We are relocating our Bible College to a brand new campus with over 30 new buildings. We are moving into a full accredited University. We are thrilled for the opportunity to move into a more sustainable program. Two buildings have been built so far and a well for the water source.
- Three new wells have been drilled this year
- Our COVID food security outreach has helped thousands of families. Our Women’s Empowerment Program has chipped and baked hundreds of loaves of bread and crafted masks to help families protect themselves from COVID.
- Our campus in Tanzania built a new Church to replace the previous collapsing church. We drilled a new well, and we are completing our 5th classroom for our new school. New toilets have been constructed, and a newly purchased property for the school administration and other offices.
- Overall, we have been busy focusing on reaching families in need during this COVID period and meeting critical needs.
Please pray for travel to open back up. We had a team scheduled every week from March 1st through November this year cancel because of the flight restrictions. We also appreciate your prayers for God’s continual provision during this challenging time and for our African Brothers and Sisters to be able to continue to thrive during a very difficult economic period in their respective countries.