Winter 2023 Session: January 10th to April 4th, 2023.
Tuesday nights, 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
Cost: $35.00 (Workbook)
After the funeral, when the cards and flowers have stopped coming, most of the people around you return to their normal lives. But your grief continues and you feel alone.
Often, friends and family want to help you, but don’t know how. That’s the reason for GriefShare. Our group is led by caring people who have experienced grief and have successfully rebuilt their lives. We understand how you feel because we’ve been in the same place. We will walk with you through grief toward healing and hope for the future.
The 13-week session runs from September to December, and from January to April.
What to Expect: GriefShare is a support group that meets weekly. You’ll find it to be a warm, caring environment and will come to see your group as an “oasis” on your long journey through grief.
There are 3 key parts to your GriefShare experience:
- Video Seminar – encouraging, information-packed videos featuring leading grief recovery experts.
- Support Group – group discussion about the weekly video content.
- Workbook – journaling and personal study exercises that reinforce the weekly session tools.
- Is This Normal?
- Challenges of Grief
- The Journey of Grief – Part One
- The Journey of Grief – Part Two
- Grief and Your Relationships
- Guilt and Anger
- Complicating Factors
- Lessons of Grief – Part One
- Lessons of Grief – Part Two
- What Do I Live for Now?
WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS AFTER GRIEF SHARE?
- Feel free to take GriefShare again the next time we run the session. There will be no cost because you already have the workbook. You will be at a different place in your grief, and some of the topics may have a different impact on you.
- Are you still in crisis? We have trained laypeople called Stephen Ministers who will walk with you, and support you as long as you need. Click here for more information on crisis care.
- Are you a mature Christian? We are always looking for GriefShare leaders and Stephen Ministers.
- Do you have questions about the Christian faith or are you wondering if God really exists? Check out Alpha – a safe, non-judgemental space to explore life’s biggest questions.
- Are you a new believer? Sign up for our One-On-One Discipleship program and learn what it means to live out your faith!
- Adult Education – let your roots grow down deep into the Word of God!