After the funeral, when the cards and flowers have stopped coming, most of the people around you return to their normal lives. But your grief continues and you feel alone.
Often, friends and family want to help you, but don’t know how. That’s the reason for GriefShare. Our group is led by caring people who have experienced grief and have successfully rebuilt their lives. We understand how you feel because we’ve been in the same place. We will walk with you through grief toward healing and hope for the future.
We meet every Tuesday night from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. The 13-week session runs from September to December, and from January to April. Cost: $25.00 (workbook)
Winter 2021 Session: February 2 (6:00 pm registration, 6:30 pm class) to April 27. This class is full. Our next session will start in September. Please call the church office for more information on other supports such as Stephen Ministry.
What to Expect:
GriefShare is a support group that meets weekly. You’ll find it to be a warm, caring environment and will come to see your group as an “oasis” on your long journey through grief.
There are 3 key parts to your GriefShare experience:
- Video Seminar – encouraging, information-packed videos featuring leading grief recovery experts.
- Support Group – group discussion about the weekly video content.
- Workbook – journaling and personal study exercises that reinforce the weekly session tools.
- Is This Normal?
- Challenges of Grief
- The Journey of Grief – Part One
- The Journey of Grief – Part Two
- Grief and Your Relationships
- Guilt and Anger
- Complicating Factors
- Lessons of Grief – Part One
- Lessons of Grief – Part Two
- What Do I Live for Now?