PRAYER & FASTING
“LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.” (Habakkuk 3:1-2)
PRAYER & FASTING – JANUARY 11, 12 & 13, 2021
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12)
We meet each night in the sanctuary from 7:00 to 8:30 pm.
- If you would like to join us in person, please click here to pre-register. Masks are required for anyone ages three and up.
- If you are joining us via live-stream, there is no need to register. Tune in on our website by clicking here, or join us on Facebook or YouTube.
- Click here to submit a prayer request.
DAY 1 – MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2021
A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet, on Shigionoth.
LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our
time make them known; in wrath remember mercy. (Habakkuk 3:1-2)
Write down and pray over what you are believing for breakthrough in your personal life, and what God is showing you for your purpose this year.
DAY 2 – TUESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2021
Prayer Guidelines to Pray Over the Church
Remember, this is a guideline, feel free to add whatever the Lord has impressed on your heart for the church.
- That Covid would finish its course in 2021 and that people would be able to interact normally in society.
- That the restrictions from the government over our personal lives would come to an end.
- That people would once again begin to worship in the house of the Lord together.
- For major strides in the advancement of God’s kingdom in our city and God’s favour upon His people in our community.
- That we would see greater participation in ministry both within and outside of our church family.
- That more people would come to Christ in 2021 than ever before and we would see more people added to the church in Central Alberta.
- For the spiritual and numerical growth of LSC.
- That God’s direction and provision would be evident for advancing LSC into the future.
DAY 3 – WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2021
Prayer Guidelines to Pray Over Our Nation
What to pray for the election:
- That this election will serve God’s purposes for Canada.
- That Canada will be a country whose elected leaders are
- individuals of integrity, discernment, grace,
- courage and conviction
- willing servants
- people of vision, perseverance and character.
- For wisdom, endurance and protection for candidates and their families.
- That candidates will be filled with integrity, courage, humility and grace.
- That the Holy Spirit will guide and guard the thoughts and speech of the candidates.
- That the Holy Spirit will guide the campaign strategy.
- That candidates and campaign material will present positions and platforms clearly, openly and fully.
- That the Holy Spirit will guide electors in examining issues and candidates and guide them in voting.
- That every elector will cherish their right to vote.
- That every elector will vote.
- For complete transparency and integrity at the polls.
What to pray for the nation:
- Prayer that Canada will be a country that honours and serves God.
- Pray that Canada will be a nation that demonstrates righteousness, justice, compassion and generosity.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will bring a spirit of individual and national repentance across our land.
- Pray that individuals and leaders will seek and demonstrate forgiveness.
- Pray that Canada will be a nation of diverse people accepting, forgiving, sharing and working together for a better Canada.
- Pray that Christians would have both grace and the courage to be bold.
- Pray for the spiritual strength of the nation.
- Pray for protection of our freedom of speech.
- Pray for protection from ungodly economical systems and against ungodly influence.