SERVING AT LSC
People come to Living Stones in various stages of life in general and in their walk with God. Some come as a result of a crisis in their life, while others are currently facing significant life challenges and come seeking God and the refuge of our church family. Oftentimes, their sole exposure to Christianity may be their visit to our church, and their perception of Christianity will be formed by how they are treated by our church family.
Albert Einstein once wrote: “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” I encourage you to “Serve God by Serving Others”, as your time and heart investment will be used by God to have a resounding influence in the lives of others. While many question their ability to contribute in a meaningful way, it is often the little things that may come naturally to you that can have a life-changing impact on a child, a youth or an adult. In essence, your helpful, thoughtful, and steadfast commitment to serving others helps people experience God’s presence through our church family.
As you explore areas to serve, may God, the Holy Spirit direct you in an area where you have a passion or interest. Someone once asked me what my vision for the church is and simply put, my unequivocal response is that we would become a “Serving Church”. As the apostle Paul states: “From him [Christ] the whole body, joined together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work (Ephesians 4:16). My prayer is that you will be motivated by God’s love to discover your place in God’s body to help support others and, in the process, you will find that you have grown in your relationship with God and others as well. When each of us fulfills our call to service, the church becomes all that God intends for it to be. – PASTOR PAUL VALLEE
SUPER 7 PLACES TO SERVE
We are thrilled to see more and more of our church family coming back to church! We have always been so blessed with exceptionally high numbers of volunteers, but a lot has changed during the pandemic. As more of you are joining us to gather in person, our need for help is increasing. Check out these “Super 7 Places to Serve” and let us know if there is an area you can help!
- Nursery Helpers
- Pre-Kindergarten Helpers
- Guest Reception Hosts
- Information Desk Hosts
- Sound Technicians
- Life Group Leaders
- Security Team
To get more information on the “Super 7” or sign up to volunteer in other areas, click on the Serving Form button below!
Click on the links below for details on each serving area:
Some dates/times or serving areas may have changed due to COVID-19
- Children’s Ministry – KidsTown (ages 5 months to grade 5) Leaders & Helpers, Tech Team, Story-telling Team, Baking Team, Curriculum Prep Team, Toy Cleaning
- Adult Ministry – Adult Education, Life Groups, Men, Women, Seniors, Young Adults
- Care Ministry – Stephen Ministers, Discipleship, Home Visitation, Hospital Visitation and Hospice Visitation
- House Ministries – Security, Lock-Up, KidsTown Door Attendant
- Kitchen & Facility Care Ministries – Food Service, Mustard Seed, Maintenance, Janitorial
- Prayer Ministry – Intercessors, Wednesday Morning Prayer, Wednesday Night Prayer, Sunday Morning Prayer, Altar Prayer, Freedom Ministry
- Recovery Ministry – Celebrate Recovery, Celebration Place, DivorceCare, GriefShare, Childcare Team
- Welcome Ministry – Ushers, Greeters, Coffee Hosts, Door Attendants, Guest Reception Hosts, Information Centre Hosts, Children & Youth Kiosk Hosts, Communion Attendants, Library Volunteers
- Worship & Arts Ministry – Worship Team, Sound Technicians, Media Technicians, Camera Operators, Photographers
- Youth Ministry – Middle School Sunday School Leaders, Middle School Youth Leaders/Helpers, High School Youth Leaders/Helpers, Sunday Night (“The Underground”) Leaders/Helpers