Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
It has been said that we are living in an age of anxiety, yet Jesus promised his followers peace. The apostle Paul, writing to the Philippians, gave a practical approach to addressing anxiety. He begins by telling us to bring our concerns to God. When faced with issues, most of us turn quickly to God in prayer, but we often allow the problem to dominate our thinking, and we end up again anxious about what we are facing. If we look carefully at Philippians 4:4-8, it speaks of a right attitude while bringing our requests with thanksgiving and finally telling us that we need to focus our thinking on noble things: right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.
One way to get our minds moving in the right direction is to take a class or get plugged into a group during this coming winter season. Let’s begin by renewing our minds and transforming our lives from anxiety to experiencing the fullness of life that Jesus promised.
– Pastor Paul Vallee.
- Nursery: Babies and toddlers aged 5 months to 2 years come for playtime, Bible stories and age-appropriate activities. Sundays at 9:30 AM, 11:15 AM or 6:00 PM.
- Children ages 3 to Grade 5 come for a time of worship and a fun Bible lesson geared towards their age. Sundays at 9:30 AM, 11:15 AM or 6:30 PM* (*At the 6:00 PM service only, children stay and worship with their parents in the Sanctuary, then go to KidsTown at 6:30)
MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH ("The Hall")
- Middle School Sunday School: Youth Grades 6 to 8 meet in the foyer after the singing portion of our morning services, then walk to The Warehouse together for Sunday School. Sundays, 9:30 or 11:15 AM. Resumes January 8th.
- The Underground: Special youth service for Grades 6 to 12, Sundays 6:00 to 7:15 PM. Resumes January 8th.
- “The Hall” Middle School Youth Group: Children Grades 6 to 8 meet to hang out, play games, worship and study the Bible. Wednesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM. Resumes January 11th.
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH ("The Warehouse")
- High School Youth Group: Youth from Grades 9 to 12 meet to connect, hang out, grow deeper in their faith, and have fun! Wednesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM in the Sanctuary. Resumes January 18th.
- The Underground: Special youth service for Grades 6 to 12 in Room 10. Sundays, 6:00 to 7:15 PM. Resumes January 15th.
- Young Adults: Tuesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM in The Warehouse. Adults from 18-30 meet for coffee, growth, community, and outreach. Resumes January 17th. MORE INFORMATION
- Women’s Ministry: “Sisterhood” is relevant for women of all ages and stages of life, and meets on Tuesday mornings from 9:00 to 11:00 AM for worship, fellowship and various Bible studies. Starts on January 17th. MORE INFORMATION
- Men’s Ministry: To help men of all ages find fellowship and grow in their spiritual journey. Various groups on various days. MORE INFORMATION
- Senior’s Ministry: Senior’s Lunch – 3rd Wednesday of the month, from January to May. 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM, in the Fellowship Hall. $12.50/person. MORE INFORMATION
- Life Groups: Are you looking to get engaged on a deeper level? Do you want to connect with some like-minded believers in a small group setting? MORE INFORMATION
ADULT EDUCATION CLASSES
LSC offers studies of God’s word where gifted teachers help you explore and explain how to apply the Scriptures to daily living, bringing freedom.
Childcare for the Adult Education winter semester: $30.00/child, $50.00/2+ children. Anyone needing childcare MUST be registered for their class by January 15th.
- Studies in 1 Corinthians, Part 2: Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 PM, January 18th – March 15th. In-person and via Zoom. There is no pre-requisite for this class. MORE INFORMATION
- Precept Upon Precept Bible Study: Judges – Driving Out Your Enemies: Wednesdays, 7:00-8:30 PM. January 18 – March 1. In-person and via Zoom. MORE INFORMATION
- Spiritual Parenting: Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 PM. February 1 – March 15. This class is in-person. MORE INFORMATION
- Freedom in Christ: Wednesdays, 6:45-8:30 PM. January 18 – March 22. This class is in-person. MORE INFORMATION
- Alpha – Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 PM, January 17 to March 7. A series of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. There is no pressure, no follow-up, and no charge. Each evening starts with a free meal. Ages 18+ MORE INFORMATION
- One-On-One Discipleship – Learn about the Christian Faith and what it means to follow Jesus. We will match you with another believer who will teach you how to study the Bible, pray and live out what you learn. Discipleship Mentor Training will be on Saturday, January 28, from 9:00 AM to Noon. MORE INFORMATION
- Membership Class: Learn what Membership at LSC is all about! Saturday, February 4, 9:00-11:00 AM. MORE INFORMATION
- Baptism Class: Learn what the Bible teaches about baptism, and what to expect when you get baptized at LSC. Monday, March 13th, 7:00-9:00 PM. MORE INFORMATION
Serving is a great way to get plugged into the life of the church! As you explore areas to serve, may God direct you in a place where you have a passion or interest. MORE INFORMATION
RECOVERY & HEALING
- Celebrate Recovery: Mondays, 7:00-9:00 PM in the Fellowship Hall. Find freedom from your hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery is a proven, Christ-centered, 12-step program for adults ready to embark on a journey of real and lasting change. Resumes January 2nd. MORE INFORMATION.
- Divorce Care: Tuesdays, January 10-April 4. 6:30-8:00 PM. Find hope, healing and forgiveness in a supportive environment for adults who find themselves in various stages of separation and divorce. You will learn ways to restore your hope and rebuild your life. MORE INFORMATION
- Grief Share: Tuesdays, January 10-April 4. 6:30-8:00 PM. Our group is led by caring people who experienced grief and have successfully rebuilt their lives. We will walk with you through grief toward healing and hope for the future. MORE INFORMATION
- Finding Hope After Divorce: A six-week Bible study by Kay Arthur. Find practical advice and encouragement as you move forward with a Godly perspective on your new reality. Starts April 18th. MORE INFORMATION
PRAYER & CARE
- Prayer & Fasting – January 9, 10 & 11, 7:00-8:30 PM each night in the Sanctuary. At LSC, we gather together three times per year for three days of Prayer & Fasting. MORE INFORMATION
- Tuesday Night Prayer – Join us on Tuesday nights and discover the beauty and power of partnering with other believers and our Lord in prayer. Tuesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM. Resumes January 17th. MORE INFORMATION
- Prayer Ministry – We encourage you to have an individual prayer life as well as a corporate prayer life. There are many ways to get involved in prayer at LSC. MORE INFORMATION
- Stephen Ministry – Stephen Ministers are a team of caring, Christian friends who can provide one-on-one confidential care to individuals experiencing a crisis or needing personal support. MORE INFORMATION
- Sunday, January 1 – Community Sunday Winter Fest
- Sunday, January 8 – LSC Cafe Opens
- January 9, 10 & 11 – Prayer & Fasting
- January 18 – Seniors’ Lunch
- January 21 – Facilitate with Confidence
- January 28 – Discipleship Training
- February 4 – Membership Class
- February 11 – Men’s Saturday Breakfast
- February 13 – Annual Membership Meeting
- February 15 – Seniors’ Lunch
- February 20 – Family Day, Office Closed
- March 9 – Mental Health Ministry Interest Meeting
- March 12 – Daylight Saving Begins, “Spring Ahead”
- March 13 – Baptism Class
- March 15 – Seniors’ Lunch
- March 18 – Leadership Training
- March 19 – Baptism Sunday
- April 2 – Palm Sunday
- April 7 – Good Friday Service
- April 9 – Easter Sunday Services
- April 10, 11 & 12 – Prayer & Fasting
- April 19 – Seniors’ Lunch
- April 23 – Mission Fest & Taste of the World
- April 29 – Men’s Saturday Breakfast with Dr. Thomas