Our desire is to provide women with the opportunities, resources, studies and events that not only inspire you as an individual, enable you to build community and connection with other women, but that ultimately allow you move closer to the heart of God.
TUESDAY MORNING SISTERHOOD
Sisterhood is relevant to women of all ages and stages of life, whether you are single, newly married, surrounded by little ones, or an empty nester. Join us in the Sanctuary on Tuesday mornings from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (January to April and September to December) for connection, various Bible studies, and group discussions relevant to women. Textbooks may cost extra.
Winter 2022 Session – Starts January 18th, 2022, classes start January 25th.
Meet in the Sanctuary @ 9:00 AM
Registration Fee: $20.00 (plus books where applicable).
Books are available for pickup at the church office upon purchase.
Pre Registration for Childcare: $30/Child (for the whole semester), $50/2 Children. Financial assistance is available upon request to the church.
Sisterhood – Winter 2022 Classes
It's Not Supposed to be this Way, Lisa TerKeurst
It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lisa TerKeurst
Led by: Joy Breitkreutz
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she’s also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to encounter God radically. In It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humour, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to process unmet expectations and other painful situations better.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand firm and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God protects and prepares us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God’s truth.
Family Values by Gather Moms
Family Values by Gather Moms
Led by: Jeanette Lyda
9 Workbooks Available – $20.00 each
Your home is where life happens! All too often we pass the days with laundry, to-do lists, and complicated schedules. What if you could be more intentional with the time gifted to you in raising your children? The twelve core values covered in this series will focus your mind and heart to help you pass on what really matters to your kids. The days are long but the years are short. Let’s make those fleeting years count and teach our children life values that will equip them to thrive both today and for the rest of their lives.
God's Unbreakable Promises by Jennie Allen
God’s Unbreakable Promises by Jennie Allen
Led by: Trish Robichaud
How can you trust that God is good?
With the Bible at our fingertips, we have a story of God’s faithfulness right in front of us to show us one example after another of who God is. In this six-session study, we want to walk you through some of the promises and covenants God made with his people to understand more of the story of God and the big picture of his unfailing love for us.
Through this study, featuring teaching videos from Jennie Allen, Lauren Chandler, and Jada Edwards, you will discover:
- The story of God throughout the Bible, and what it means for you now.
- That God always keeps his word, even if we don’t.
- That God never fails, even when his people do.
God always keeps his promises.
Defiant Joy by Staci Eldridge
Defiant Joy by Staci Eldridge
Led by: Janna Biffert
Books are available to purchase through Amazon by clicking here.
We are called to live. And, miraculously, to live with joy.
We all spend a lot of energy reaching for happiness, but we are never quite able to hang on to it. Real life happens, and our circumstances take us on an emotional rollercoaster ride. So the Bible’s call to “be joyful always” sounds almost crazy—and out of reach. But it doesn’t have to be.
Joy is meant to be ours, a joy that is defiant in the face of this broken world. This joy is not simply happiness on steroids; it’s the unyielding belief that sorrow and loss do not have the final say. It’s the stubborn determination to be present to whatever may come and to interpret both goodness and grief by the light of heaven.
In Defiant Joy, Stasi Eldredge invites us with courage, candor, and tender vulnerability to a place beyond sadness or happiness. She shows us how to maintain a posture of holy defiance that neither denies nor diminishes our pain but dares to live with expectant, unwavering hope.
When God's Spirit Moves by Jim Cymbala
When God’s Spirit Moves by Jim Cymbala
Lead by: Patty Vallee and Sheilah Lindoff
10 Books Available – $12.00 each
Pastor and bestselling author Jim Cymbala explores the person and work of the Holy Spirit to bring a fresh sense of God’s power to your church and your life.
What happens when the Holy Spirit moves powerfully within a church? Through this six-session study you will learn how:
- To make room for the Spirit’s action in your life and in your church
- God wants to work through your gifts and talents to enable you to do what only he can do
- To listen for the voice of the Spirit in prayer and how to apply God’s Word to your life
- The Spirit can bring healing to your body, your emotions, and your relationships; how a life lived in the presence of the Spirit can transform the church and the world
Your church can become a place where people regularly experience God’s presence and his power.